Minutes of the Meeting of the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre Trustees held on Thursday 16 December 2021 at 6.30 p.m. at Court Bushes Community Hub (Charity No 305265)
|Allan Brown (Chair) Rodney Jackson Tony Lank John Lowman Malcolm Llewellyn||Claire Majsai Duncan Ranger Bob Sampson Julia Shorrocks|
Also present: Sarah Groom
- Apologies for Absence: Apologies for absence were received from Seth Jee and Martin Machan.
- Declarations of interest: There were no declarations of interest.
- Previous Minutes: The minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 22 July 2021 were agreed and accepted.
- 2020/2021 Accounts: The Trustees noted:
4.1 The accounts for the year ending 31 March 2021, which had been agreed at the 22 July 2021 AGM, prior to submission to the Charity Commission.
4.2 The independent examination report, prior to submission to the Charity Commission.
4.3 The deadline for the Charity Commission submission of 31 January 2022.
5. Budget Monitoring 2021/2022: The Trustees reviewed the income and expenditure from 1 April 2021 to 31 October 2021. It was noted that the Covid-19 grant receipt of £8097 had had a very positive affect on income levels for the year, which would have been concerning if that had not been received. The income at 31 October 2021 was 67.5% received (at the 57% point in the year). Expenditure was at 49.5%.
6. Financial Reserves: The Trustees considered the earmarked reserves shown on the balance sheet and whether to make any adjustments. No adjustments were required at this time but they would be kept under review.
7. Recharge of Wifi Installation Costs: The Trustees considered the costs associated with the installation of the wifi and network points in the Village Centre and agreed the re-charge of £1,411.75 (VAT Not Applicable) to the Parish Council.
8. Wifi and Data Point for Family Room: The Trustees considered and approved the quotation for a wifi access point and two data points in the Family Room at a cost of £196.40 plus an estimate of one day’s labour of £400+VAT.
9. Lighting Replacements: The Trustees considered a quotation from MVG Electrical Services Ltd to upgrade lighting in the Village Centre at a cost of £3,758.24 (VAT Not Applicable). It was agreed to proceed with this quote subject to the second quote when received, not being less.
10. Roof Repairs: The Trustees considered a quotation to repair the flat roof over the Family Room at a cost of £4,780.00+VAT. It was agreed to proceed with this quote subject to the second quote when received, not being less or if marginally less, not being able to be completed more quickly due to the urgent nature of the works.
11. New Blinds for Family Room: The Trustees approved the quotation for new blinds in the Family Room at a cost of £375 (including VAT).
12. Audio Visual Equipment: The Trustees considered four indicative quotations to install audio visual equipment in the Conference Room. In order to compare like or like quotations and to agree the exact solution details, two contractors were selected for further discussions. Once this work was completed, it was agreed that an expenditure ceiling limit of £6,000 was authorised (which included the £5,000 grant yet to be claimed).
13. Building Condition Survey: The Trustees noted the building condition survey for the Village Centre received on 30 November 2021 and the delay in receiving it since the survey was completed in February 2021. The urgent works identified were addressed under item 10 on the agenda. Further plans for the non-urgent works will be developed for discussion at the February 2022 meeting.
It was agreed that WSCC be approached to request an extension to the 50 year Lease which expires in 2054, as significant sums will be need to be invested in the building. WSCC should be agreeable as it is a public building for the community, owned by a public body and being managed by a public body.
14. Annual Charges Review 2022/2023: The Trustees agreed the new hiring charges for 2022/2023. It was agreed to add a hire charge for the Audio Visual Equipment which will be agreed in February 2022.
15. Date of Next Meetings: The dates of the next meetings were agreed as: Thursday 24 February 2022, 21 July 2022 (AGM) and 24 November 2022, all at 6.30pm.
The meeting closed at 7.29pm.