Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 25 February 2021 at 7.30pm using Microsoft Teams.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the email@example.com before 4pm on 25 February 2021 to be sent an electronic invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 19 February 2021
1. Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 28 January 2021 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 West Sussex Association of Local Councils & Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils
6. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning & Environment Committee (4 February 2021) No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Estates & Facilities Management Committee (11 February 2021) No recommendations for Council.
6.3 Finance & Governance Committee (18 February 2021) Recommendations for Council:
F20/21.102 Financial Regulations: The Committee reviewed the Financial Regulations last adopted in February 2020 and recommended their consideration and adoption by Council on 25 February 2021. They remain unchanged. It was noted that a revised NALC model version may be available in the Spring, in time for a revised version to be considered at the May 2021 Council meeting, and it was:
RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED to recommend the Financial Regulations for consideration and adoption by Council on 25 February 2021.
F20/21.103 Review of Internal Controls: The Committee considered a draft set of internal controls as required by the Financial Regulations to be programmed in to take place in February and July each year, prior to visits by internal auditors. It was agreed to recommend their consideration and adoption by Council on 25 February 2021, and it was:
RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED to recommend the Internal Controls for consideration and adoption by Council on 25 February 2021.
F20/21.105 Action Plan: The Committee considered the Action Plan Version 14, updated at Estates & Facilities on 11 February 2021 and agreed to add an Action No. 36 to consider a Risk Management
Policy, Corporate Risk Register and a Business Continuity Plan/Disaster Recovery suite of documents, for the July 2021 Committee. It was agreed to recommend the revised version for consideration and adoption by Council on 25 February 2021, and it was:
RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED to recommend a Version 15 of the Action Plan for consideration and adoption by Council on 25 February 2021.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees and agrees the above recommendations:
i. Planning & Environment Committee (4 February 2021)
ii. Estates & Facilities Management Committee (11 February 2021)
iii. Finance & Governance Committee (18 February 2021)
7. Calendar of Meetings 2021/2022: To consider any recommendations from Committees on the provisional list of meeting dates for 2021/2022 to be ratified at the May 2021 Council meeting. To note the cancellation of the 11 March 2021 Estates and Facilities Management Committee.
8. Annual Parish Meeting: To consider and agree a briefing note on the proposed arrangements for the 2021 Annual Parish Meeting. An Annual Parish Meeting is the meeting arranged by electors for electors. The Parish Council has no formal role at this meeting unless it chooses to take the lead for the benefit of local electors. The Parish Council has its own Annual Council Meeting in May each year.
9. Branding Manual: To consider and agree the new logo and branding for the Parish Council.
10. Hurst Life Articles: To consider and agree the proposed authors and topics for the monthly articles in the Hurst Life Magazine for 2021/22.
11. MSDC Consultation on Place and Connectivity Walking and Cycling Programme: To consider the proposals from Mid Sussex District Council under their Burgess Hill Growth Programme, to deliver the Place and Connectivity Walking and Cycling Programme. As part of the formal process to dedicate the Public Rights of Way as “Bridleway”, Mid Sussex District Council is writing to notify all stakeholders of the proposals and inviting comments before the deadline 12 March 2021.
12. Henry Smith Charity Representative: To consider appointing an informal representative of the Parish Council on a group led by Holy Trinity Church that offers hardship grants to local residents once a year. Ex-parish councillor Rosemary Burns has filled this role for many years and now wishes to be replaced.
13. Local Government Boundary Commission Review of Mid Sussex: To consider the review being undertaken into the size of Mid Sussex District Council, undertaken approximately every twenty years and note the dates of the consultation periods and the invitation to submit comments by 31 May 2021.
14. Document Retention: To consider a briefing note outlining documents proposed for disposal.
15. Information Items, Correspondence Received and Requests: To note any items.
The Council is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
16. South Avenue Utilities: To receive a verbal update on the request for a Wayleave from UK Power Networks, and the request for a Deed of Easement from Southern Gas Networks.