Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Finance & Governance Committee to be held on Thursday 10 December 2020 at 7.30pm via Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the email@example.com before 4pm on Thursday 10 December 2020 to be sent an email or telephone invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Friday 4 December 2020
Committee Membership: Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn (Chair), Cllr Julia Shorrocks (Vice-Chair), Cllr Allan Brown, Cllr Stephen Hand, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr Seth Jee, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Duncan Ranger.
1. Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of interest: To note any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the previous meeting of Finance & Governance Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 19 November 2020 Finance & Governance Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Payments and receipts: The committee is asked to:
5.1 Note payments of £27,487.99 (excl. VAT) for month 8 (November 2020).
5.2 Note receipts of £4,318.51 (no VAT) for month 8 (November 2020).
6. Financial monitoring: To note the account records for month 8 (November 2020) in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the Parish Council, as follows:
6.1 Bank Reconciliations. The bank statement is included for Cashbook 1 which is the Unity Trust current account, as this is the only account that has had any activity in the past month.
6.2 Balance Sheet.
6.3 Detailed Income and Expenditure by Budget Heading.
6.4 Summary Income and Expenditure by Budget Heading.
7. Deposits and investment: As of 31 October 2020, the Parish Council held the following balances. A further £46,397.18 is held with the CCLA in shares.
Financial Institution Account Type Maturity Date Amount
Unity Trust Current account n/a £397,525.73
Nationwide 95 Day Savings Account 95 days’ notice £54,107.44
Nationwide 2 Year Fixed Term Bond 11/02/2021 £33,614.78
Cambridge & Counties BS 3 Year Fixed Term Bond 10/05/2021 £51,716.82
Cambridge & Counties BS 3 Year Fixed Term Bond 14/11/2021 £35,770.00
8. External Audit 2019/2020: To note the signed ‘External Auditor Report and Certificate 2019/2020’ to enable the Parish Council to fulfill our statutory publication requirements by 30 November 2020.
9. Proposed Budget 2021/22: To consider the Briefing Note and draft Council budget for 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022 and recommend it to Council on 17 December 2020.
10. Action Plan: To review the Action Plan Version 12, as agreed at Council on 26 November 2020.
11. Approval of Direct Debit Payment for Land Registry Payment: To consider and agree the direct debit payment options for land registry fees.
12. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.