Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Finance & Governance Committee to be held on Thursday 14 October 2021 at 7.30pm in the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre Conference Room. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Friday 8 October 2021
Committee Membership: Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn (Chair), Cllr Duncan Ranger (Vice-Chair), Cllr Allan Brown, Cllr Peter Griffiths, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr Seth Jee, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Claire Majsai, (plus one vacancy).
- Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interest: To note any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the previous meeting of the Finance & Governance Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 16 September 2021 Finance & Governance Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Payments and receipts for Month 6 (September 2021): To note:
5.1 Payments of £25,856.65 (excl. VAT).
5.2 Receipts of £138,111.92 (VAT Not Applicable). This includes the second half year precept payment of £132,260.00)
6. Financial monitoring for Month 6 (September 2021): To note the account records in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the Parish Council, as follows:
6.1 Bank Reconciliations.
6.2 Balance Sheet.
6.3 Detailed Income and Expenditure by Budget Heading.
6.4 Quarterly VAT Return.
7. Deposits and investment: To note that as of 30 September 2021, the Parish Council held the following balances:
|Financial Institution||Account Type||Maturity Date||Amount|
|Unity Trust||Current account||n/a||£473,348.68|
|Nationwide||95 Day Savings Account||95 days’ notice||£84,336.72|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||3 Year Fixed Term Bond||10/05/2021||£48,000.00|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||3 Year Fixed Term Bond||14/11/2021||£36,559.10|
|United Trust Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||17/12/2021||£85,000.00|
|Hodge Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||13/01/2022||£85,000.00|
The Committee is asked to note that at 30 September 2021 a further £46,396.80 is held with the CCLA.
8. Review of 2020/21 External Audit Report: To note the comments made on the External Auditor’s (Moore West Sussex) Certificate for the 31 March 2021 accounts.
9. Half Year Financial Analysis: To review and assess the Parish Council’s financial position at the half year stage and agree any actions or remedies required.
10. Budget and Precept Setting Timetable: To review the proposed timetable, principle and assumptions to commence the budget setting exercise for 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023.
11. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.