Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 24 September 2020 at 7.30pm using Microsoft Teams.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the email@example.com before 4pm on 24 September 2020 to be sent an electronic invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 18 September 2020
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 23 July 2020 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council County Local Committee
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils and Sussex Association of Local Councils
5.4 SSALC Chair’s Networking Meeting: To note the written update on the SSLAC meeting held on 10 September 2020 and attended by the Chairman of the Council.
6. Committee, Working Group and Panel Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning & Environment Committee (6 August 2020) No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Community Engagement Committee (13 August 2020) Recommendation on revised Action Plan to be presented to the 22 October 2020 Council meeting.
6.3 Finance & Governance Committee (20 August 2020) No recommendations for Council.
6.4 Hurst Meadows Advisory Group (27 August 2020) No recommendations for Council.
6.5 Planning & Environment Committee (3 September 2020) No recommendations for Council.
6.6 Estates & Facilities Management Committee (10 September 2020) includes the following recommendation for Council:
6.6.1 Naming the Apple Varieties in the Orchard: The Committee considered suggestions for naming unknown apple varieties for the Hurst Meadows orchard and it was:
RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREES to recommend to Council, the apples names as follows:
- Red Apple to be named Amanda Geel;
- Green/Red Apple to be named Hurstpierpoint Pippin;
- Green Apple to be named Newtimber Pippin; and
- Yellow Apple to be named Martin Sadler.
6.7 Finance & Governance Committee (17 September 2020) Recommendation on extraordinary receipt to be considered under Confidential Matters below.
6.8 Strategic Policy & Resources Panel (14 & 21 September 2020) Includes recommendations for Council on strategic planning matters as set out further under items 7, 8 and 9 below.
7. Site Allocations Development Plan Document Consultation: To consider the Mid Sussex District Council consultation on the submission draft of the Site Allocations DPD and agree a response to be submitted by 28 September 2020. The matter will be discussed at the Strategic Policy & Resources Panel meeting on 21 September 2020 and a verbal update will be provided at the meeting. The consultation can be found here: https://www.midsussex.gov.uk/planning-building/development-plan-documents/
8. Changes to the Current Planning System: To consider the Government’s consultation on the proposed changes to the current planning system and agree a response to be submitted by 30 September 2020. The matter will be discussed at the Strategic Policy & Resources Panel meeting on 21 September 2020 and a verbal update will be provided at the meeting. The consultation can be found here:
9. Planning for the Future: To receive a verbal update on the Government’s consultation on Planning for the Future. The detail is being considered by the Strategic Policy & Resources Panel and a draft response will be presented to the 22 October 2020 Council meeting for agreement. The deadline for the consultation is 29 October 2020. The consultation can be found here:
10. Information Items, Correspondence Received and Requests: To note any items.
10.1 Website & Mobile Access Standards: To receive a verbal update on the requirement to meet accessibility standards and publish an accessibility statement under the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
10.2 Appointment of Internal Auditors for 2020/21: To receive a verbal update on the decision by Finance & Governance Committee to appoint Mulberry & Co as the internal auditor for the Parish Council and Village Centre charity accounts for 2020/21.
The council is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
11. Extraordinary Receipt: To consider a briefing note with a recommendation from the Finance & Governance Committee of 17 September 2020 regarding an extraordinary receipt of £10,000 from a COVID-19 grant.