Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee to be held on Thursday 12 November 2020 at 7.30pm via Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the email@example.com before 4pm on 12 November 2020 to be sent an electronic invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 6 November 2020
Committee Membership: Cllr Allan Brown (Chair), Cllr Stephen Hand (Vice-Chair), Cllr David Evans, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn, Cllr Claire Majsai, Cllr Bob Sampson.
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 10 September 2020 Committee meeting.
- Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the Meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Review of the Action Plan: To review the Committee’s responsibilities in the Action Plan (Version 11).
6. Monthly Budget Monitoring: To receive the monthly budget monitoring report for the Committee.
7. Budget Setting for 2021/22: To consider the requirements for the Estates & Facilities Management budget for 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022. This will allow the Finance & Governance Committee to consider a first draft of the committee budgets on 19 November 2020 along with the annual charges review and salary budget setting. Consideration of the second draft budget by Finance & Governance Committee on 10 December, will result in a recommendation to Council for approval of a draft budget on 17 December 2020. Following this on 21 January 2021, Finance & Governance Committee will consider the final budget and precept figures to recommend to Council on 28 January 2021 for final approval and adoption.
8. Estates and Facilities Update: To consider a report which updates Members on the management of the estates and facilities for September/October 2020.
9. Replacement Works Van: To consider a briefing note explaining the arrangements and costs for the lease of a new vehicle to replace the 2007 Vauxhall Combi diesel van.
10. Allotment Gardens Additional Taps: To consider a briefing note and the quotes sought, in conjunction with the Hurstpierpoint Allotment Association, to fit 5 new water taps.
11. Allotment Fees: To consider offering a reduction on the annual allotment fee for plots taken out within the last six months of the allotment year which runs (October to September). This issue has been raised by a new plot holder. She was happy to pay for a full year when she took out her new plot in June 2020 but was surprised when she was then asked to pay for another full year again from 1 October 2020. The proposal is that if there is six months or less until the next renewal date, then we work out a pro-rata amount for the rod fee. The full £40 one-off deposit fee and the £5 HAA fee will still stand. All allotment deposits are now held in a holding account on the RBS financial system and are not shown as revenue for the Parish Council.
12. Reeds Lane Play Area Swing Repairs: To consider a quote of £1,650 + VAT, from the manufacturers Sovereign, for the costs of repairs to the swings at Reeds Lane Play Area.
13.Lost Woods Project: To consider the draft Management Plan for Tilley’s Copse and the Wilderness Woods prepared by the Woodland Trust and agree its submission to the Forestry Commission for a felling licence.
14. Information items, correspondence received or requests: To note any items.
The Committee is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
15. Melting Pot Café: To consider a confidential briefing note with a request from the Melting Pot Café regarding its storage and electricity fees at Court Bushes.
16. South Avenue Cemetery Hedge: To consider a letter from a resident concerning the western hedge at the South Avenue Cemetery.
17. Appointment of Estates and Facilities Manager: To receive a verbal update on the recruitment to the above post.